Monday, May 19, 2008

katie morag

We like the Katie Morag books here.



I love looking at the little details in the pictures.... the nappies drying on the rail above the stove, the mum with her breast out feeding the baby, Grannie Island's basket of knitting tucked behind the chair and her fiddle on the high shelf, the spoon people made by childish hands..... I like how they are totally not Autonomous Collective and rather Mum Wears The Trousers! There are bits I sometimes edit but overall the pictures win out. Dreamy Scottish Island rural life, probably not as it really is, but how we imagine it might be. Which is just what you want from a story book. Buy for the child who loves to look at the teeny bits!

Click on the pics for a closer look :)











4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Claire, I am new to blogging and I just wanted to stop by and say hello and to thank you for your beautiful blog. It really inspired me a) to start my own blog and b) to re-teach myself to knit. So far I have knitted a pair of booties and am now knitting a lovely merino vest for my little one. I think that my little girl Lola was born around the same time as Esme 17th Feb... she is gorgeous by the way as are your boys. I do not home school my children, but I am in awe of people that do, you look like you have a wonderful lifestyle. I love the wings in your previous post by the way..are they made of felt? Anyway thanks again for all the inspiration and I look forward to reading more soon...X

Claire said...

you are very welcome! I was just thinking Mmm does anyone even read this blog :lol But mainly I do it so I can browse and say - oh yeah remember when I thought that or we did this.... like my own online diary. I keep meaning to print it all out and put it in a folder because I am rubbish at keeping real life photo-books and notes about our life. I usually come here when nursing my little one or bounce here on the birth ball and type with her in the sling getting her to nap so I might as well *do* something online rather than just browse which it is so easy to do... going to check out your blog :)



Do you go to the GP forum?

Claire said...

Oh! Yes the wings are made from felt, they are attached to a little black vest. I didn't make them though, we ordered them online from Su Su Mama! I'd have liked to but lack the time and my feting skills are mediocre and vague... something I would like to do more of though. One day. Like learn to play the piano, write down the novel that plays out in my head, make sourdough.... I have this mental 'like to do list' that changes a lot. maybe I should write a post about that ;)

Liz said...

Hi Claire, thanks so much for recommending this book, we got it yesterday and it is fab!
Liz (got here via GP forum ;) )