Friday, May 30, 2008

Ordinary and Beautiful


Sometimes it happens that Esmé and I get to go for a walk together, just the two of us. These are savouring sorts of walks where I get to be quiet or murmur to my baby girl. More often than not I am loving these quiet tender walks for the time I get to just stare. And stare and stare.... as much as I do this same walk I can never get enough of my world, right here. I think that I must look like a tourist, googling everything as if for the first time. The way the living, breathing lanes and woods and fields change, so subtly and yet so dramatically every single day. It is breathtaking. And ordinary. Mundane even, I imagine, to some. I wonder if those who don't get the pleasure of being at home, and living a *slow* life would see my life as a Mama of three as mundane? 'Ordinary' for sure - so how come I feel such joy? Isn't joy for the spangled, brightly lit, high achieving, fast paced, money filled life? My life is really none of those in the aspiring modern way. It is just..... both Ordinary and it is Beautiful. That's how it feels.




























'To pay attention, this is our endless and proper work'
~ M. Oliver

3 comments:

Melody said...

You're wonderful.

Monica said...

What a wonderful post! Esmé in the last one, just so adorable!

Anonymous said...

such lovely pictures - your life seems idyllic to me :)