Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Work


The best sort. Where you just live your life and do the things you want to do. Is it work? I have tended at times to associate the word 'work' with something I don't want to do but have to. (Where does that come from....?) The dictionary says: physical or mental effort directed to making or doing something.

We might add to this definition that perhaps it is effort that need not have an end result; where the achievement and satisfaction comes from the doing. Or sometimes where the result is such a sparkly mental vision that the effort required to achieve it is pure joy, play, shedding the negative connotations that sometimes stick with the word 'work'.











Dressing up aside - some of our 'work' has been in the garden.

St. John's Wort suddenly shoots up along with the pots of salad leaves



The hammock is strung, ready for a summer of lounging and dreaming...



Our work on Little Veg

March:


May:


So far in the ground: Raspberry canes (along the back hedge) spring onion, beetroot, swisschard, parsnip, turnip, sugar snap peas, potatos and strawberries. Still more to go though...

The sun has been coaxing out the shy strawberry flowers :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you have lots of lovely work. I get inspired by lovely looking garden(usually because mine is not so nice)and children that dress up constantly like mine do (although maybe I should introduce some night looking things. Mine just wear princess and fairy dresses).