I have had an unusual week - the boys were away staying with their beloved Nanny and so dh and I had the week with only Esmé. I don't think we have had such a dreamy quiet time since having children. It was lovely and honeymoon-ish but oh oh oh I was so glad to have my house filled back to it's regular quota of people! So glad to see muddy knees and sand emptied out of socks, smudged kisses and demands for well, everything they had missed (namely food!) although baby sister featured highly in requests to squeeze and kiss and hold; and from her usual position on my hip she bestowed happy smiles and gurgles and bounced in my arms wildly to see the noisy boy-faces. The house that I had quietly and easily cleaned and tidied is back to it's usual state of lets-hope-no one-calls-unannounced (well those with children are welcome since they know). Welcoming back the boys included our two new mouser cats Fred and George (so called because they are twin brothers and have gingery hair just like the Weasely twins) and a freshly dug enormous log-fringed sand pit to hail the late summer and as a plea to the weather to please let us enjoy summer a bit more and stop freakin raining! So far so good, and now the house is shimmered in gritty sand I am pretending to myself I am on the beach.... when I stand in my very own hallway. Ahem. What else is there to do when wielding the sweeping brush more than once a day just feels plain crazy when there are cats and boys and chickens, a baby and the garden to enjoy? :)
1 comment:
Outdoor play is the best!
Post a Comment