Thursday, March 19, 2009

The First Birthday Boy



'First' because his birthday is two weeks before his older brother.... :)

Felix turned SIX!!!! And his day was a blur of movement!



My little Pixie Boy. Like a little bird he still tucks his body neatly next to mine, his hands so narrow and light, giggle-monkey, dreamer of days and nights. I am so GLAD I get to live my life with this small person.







Highlights~
~Painting paper plates for his b'day 'tea'.
~His birthday crown my mum and I made him in shifts right up to the night before his day of Beng Six.
~His anual and expected trail of b'day stars to his gifts and cards ~EARLY inthe morning.
~Two cakes - one chocolate almond, one honey.
~His beloved Nanny here for the day.
~Tiny wrapped gifts to give out to his friends.
~The wearing of Birthday splendour - crown and cape.
~Chocolate, because no birthday is complete without a bit of your very own :)
~Birthday Gifts. This boy LOVES the excitement of anticipating gifts. He has spent much time between Christmas and March talking about his birthday. A LOT of time. He is so funny. And very easily excited. Which is always a Good Thing, because you need that, yk, excitement in little bits every day especially enthusiasm for goodies coming your way :lol

Happy Birthday My Lovely Wee Man!

4 comments:

Becks said...

Belated birthday wishes Felix.So pleased you had a lovely day.
xx

Natalie said...

Belated Birthday (((hugs))) to Felix! I love the Birthday crown :) Spring is the best time of year for Birthdays I always think.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Felix, looks like he had a wonderful day. The birthday crown is really cool, great joint effort! Is that a Playmobile ambulance or Lego I see? Kalem was obsessed with both, not so much playmobile anymore as you can't get it over here unless you take out a 2nd mortgage, sooo expensive!! The kids all look so adorable in the photo's such a gorgeous, happy little family... sending birthday kisses and fairy wishes your way. X

Anonymous said...

ah, the energy and enthusiams of a six year old, so big and brave but still small enough to curl up with mama, congratulations to you both!