Monday, March 23, 2009

There's music in the air and the air is everywhere.....


Our favourite Music CD right now is Snack Time by Barenaked Ladies. It is so funny. The first time I heard it I sniggered and giggled and laughed out loud. It sounds like they had fun putting the lyrics together. Plus the tunes are Good. Plus my boys LOVE it. Really. Following on from Dan Zanes Family Dance I wondered if we'd find another kids/adult music cd that we all could listen to without the usual teeth being on edge at yet more sugar coated syrupy 'children music'. This is even better than Dan. Sorry Dan we love you but we're also very fickle.

Buy it, you'll love it. It can be your Summer 2009 driving around album. Plus, I bet you'll end up playing it even when there are no children in the car. My dh said he did that and I gasped, because theat means it really must be good. He's picky about things like that and has a low tolerence level for anything that's even vaguely scented like The Wheels on the Bus. I tried to find something from Snacktime to play here but You Tube supplies only live stuff which isn't so smooth sounding, still, if you are interesed here you go (click over at the right side).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just found it on spotify and 2 two year olds are currently jamming!

I love BNL! I remember listening to "If I Had a Million Dollars" over and over when I was about 18!

Anonymous said...

we have this and WE LOVE IT. i do listen to it when i am by myself and none of us can pick a favorite, we love them all!

this knocked dan zanes out of the #1 spot at our house too, but you still can't beat dan zanes "hello" first thing in the morning.

Barefoot said...

Thank you for sharing this! We love love love it here, that's all the little ones & the adults! It's such a relief to listen to something other than Mary Poppins!