Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Skip skip



Isaac has learned to skip. He mastered it in about two days of picking up his new rope. I bought him a rope a year or two ago and it was tossed aside after a tangled falling over attempt. But now, his new height and that extra year or so of growing into his body has readied him for skipping! It looks so gleeful. I only wish I could remember some rhymes from my own playground skipping games! I know they are in me some where, maybe I need to skip for them to come out? Well er, perhaps I'll give it a go.... Remember any rhymes? Tell me them!)





Felix getting jiggy and er, having fun if not actually skipping. Well he skips but not in time with the rope :)



Can't resist adding this other play but non-skipping pic; as you can see he is deep in the amazon jungle in his one man canoe....

6 comments:

KFR said...

Wonderful pictures.
Yes please to the swap, would you like some wool to dye ? or something else, let me have some ideas.

xx

KFR said...

sorry have left comment under my daughters sign in .. its Denise ( nocton4, mama4 on gp )
x

Claire said...

I'd love some wool to dye! That would be a great swap! I was JUST wondering about dying wool with kool aid - Iit looks like fun (I know I should use plant dyes too - and I will! But the kool aid looks good - have you tried that? What do you use for dying?

I will email you with my address.

Do you have a hat preference or shall I suprise you? Which gender child is it for?

Anonymous said...

yeah for isaac! what an accomplishment. we have still not mastered the skip rope here, but they've been used for many evil schemes instead.

Claire said...

:lol

The boys have found it MUCH easier to skip with two adults turning a long rope instead. I think much more co-ordiantion is neede to do it oneself. I like turnign the rope... one birthday party we went to once was on the little grassy bit near the sea and castle and the parents produced a rope and the kids all loved lining up and jumping in and skipping then when they were out they would run back around to line up again - it went on for ages! After that I bought us a long rope to use, but actually I seem to have lost it so will have to get another....

Kelly said...

Hi
Here are some rope rhymes.
Ringle rangle rowdy cocka-doodle-doo
Walking in teh garden picking berries blue
One for me, one for you
And the grump must have one too
How many berries did he pick?
1, 2, 3, 4...


Down by the river, down by the sea
I found a starfish as pretty as can be
How many legs did it have?
1, 2, 3, 4....