

This is not the first book about jam we have shared, mysteriously we have quite a few jam related stories. I never considered us to be massive jam eaters but my children seem to like jammy books.

This is about a town plagued by wasps. Together the town decide to trap the wasps by making the biggest jam sandwich ever. It works of course and they do. Simple story, ridiculous but one I am asked to read again and again; the book is proving to be as addictive as sugar-y jam itself :)

On that note. Guess what I did the day we returned home? Out to see what I could rescue from the dwindling blackberry bushes. We have so many on the property but were away at the peak of the season. I had the most lovely body stretching hour (blissfully alone) picking the rich tangy fermenting fruit just when I needed it most (funny how that happens). Then I made Blackberry jelly. As I did last year. Isaac has the memory of a.... I don't know, an amazing memory person because he asked me if the recipe was from the man who ate squirrel sandwiches.... I was all urghhhhh what!!!???? Then I remembered that last year I did indeed use a recipe from the web page of a man who ate ALL of his food rather on the wild side. I am all for foraging and free bounty but can't say I've ever crossed the line into road kill.
I can't eat this of course. But it was enough to sniff and sniff and stir, watching the dark juice drip through the muslin. Lovely. Maybe I am a jam addict after all....

One blackberry stained muslin square to brighten the baby's neck at tea time (jam sandwiches, of course).
3 comments:
We have that book! Toby hasn't the attention span to sit through all the words yet, but he loves looking at the pictures.
The jam looks lovely
Oh, we're great big jam lovers here and we havent come across this lovely book before, one for the amazon list lol xx
ps. glad you had a lovely holiday, your photos are beautiful :)
hee hee, love the idea for that book!
your jam looks yummy! i don't eat it either but love to make it, the girls do.
i love the colors! am adding natural dyes to my ever growing list of things i want to explore........
Post a Comment