Monday, September 28, 2009

raw chocolate pie



OMG, go straight to the kitchen and whip this up. You'll be skipping and hopping, smiling with glee and trying to stop your kids from eating it all (it might be better to make it in the dead of night and consume it then too if like me you have this problem). I am straight here from the kitchen to write this down before I forget what went into this (it's amazing how often that happens to me - or not, since my brain is such a sieve). I just know this is going to be a regular dessert around here. I would be ecstatic if this was my birthday cake. I could skip the main course. Maybe I will. I *could* that's the thing, since this is super nutritious too.

Don't worry too much about the exact quantities, I never measure this sort of thing, how can anyone when they are experimenting? So this is just a guide.

Base:

Into the magimix/food processor add:

3/4 - 1 cup of raw or soaked and dehydrated almonds (I used the later)
1/2 cup of walnuts
1/2 cup desiccated/dried coconut
1 heaped tablespoon of raw cacao powder
1 heaped tablespoon of raw carob powder

Blitz to a crumb and then with the motor running add a good ole squeeze of agave nectar and then a drizzle of the purest water available to you. You'll see when enough is enough, because it will start binding.

Plop and smooth this in a cling film lined pie dish and pop in the fridge.


Topping:

Melt very very gently together:
3/4 cup of virgin coconut oil
1/3 of a 200g block of coconut cream
good squeeze of agave nectar
dash of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or more, just taste and see if it is rich and chocolate-y enough)

Pour over the base and spread if needed so it's all even, it should be pourable enough so you don't need to smooth it with anything.

Refrigerate until set (30 mins +) and turn out of the cling film onto a plate.




Don't think even for a moment that she is anymore restrained than I am around chocolate....

6 comments:

Claire said...

Now this isn't fair, my blender broke last time I was chopping nuts for a raw recipe. I'm just going to HAVE to go and buy a new one now!!

Looks gorgeous!

Momma said...

I agree! This is next in line in the kitchen, after the sprouted foccacia of course!

Anonymous said...

**drool**

Danigirl said...

That looks amazing, even DH who is a bit unsure of the whole raw thing would eat this, I know what's for dessert on saturday now :-D

Cherie said...

I am so making this!

Claire said...

danigirl - let me know how it turns out and if your dh likes it :) Mine scoffed so much I was forced to make a second ont the next day :)