
When the baby is asleep, one son is 'trying out school' and the other is busy playing in the stream there's nothing for it but for my free hands to do a spot of envelope making. This was SOOOOO therapeutic. I am so thankful to Amy at Angry Chicken and her cute tutorial. These were so ridiculously easy and very addictive. It didn't even matter that I, er, have no mail to be sent..... I at least have a whole stack of envelopes to pick from at the next letter writing session. I am such a fan of snail mail, what's nicer than to read a real-life letter someone actually sat down to write.... with a real pen..... using up their real time? Not much. Usually it's only my Grandma who does this but I am bringing it back in this house as the coolest form of long distance communication. A happy hour well spent sitting in the sunshine. Amy is right, there will never be a need to buy an envelope again. Frugal, eco friendly and ultra relaxing.

You cannot imagine the skill and quickness it took on this blustery day to take these outdoor photos of flighty bits of paper. I woulda taken more but Felix was tired from chasing the paper-whirlwind around and the ensuring shrieks caused the Boo Boo to wake up.... thankfully though I had my hour of peace intact in order to grapple with the demands of a dervish baby who tried to eat my efforts. Tut tut.
5 comments:
Wonderful example of recycling. Bit of a bummer that by DH has just this minute taken a stack of magazines to the paper bins.... Will try making some christmas theme ones soon x
Oh, I used to do this in high school! Back before snail mail was gone :) My friend in Germany and I would exchange letters with envelopes like this and it was so much fun to see which pictures were chosen!
They look great! If you ever find yourself with a heap of bubble wrap you could have a go at making your own padded mail bags too. I made some using some disintegrating vintage fairy tale books that I found in a charity shop because the pages were nice and thick.
What a great idea! I have a few penpals I'll have to do these for! Thanks.
Glad you are back and blogging by the way
I just love those envelopes!!
Post a Comment