Friday, September 25, 2009

Liking today:

When she tells me 'more' with her hands (bike riding!)



seeing her play with the boy's toys





hammock time, while we still can (bike helmets and sunglasses and cats are all purely optional)









seeing the change in season



babies who eat their rice pudding outdoors




things I am looking forward to this season:

- new young chickens coming our way (more eggs yippee!)
- a new wood burning stove in our sitting room, so soon, soon! I am so excited, esp since this will require a new rug too, which makes me get into the sewing mode (cushions, curtains?) to spruce up the whole room ready for a winter of use. Pictures as and when to follow :)
- a business venture starting up in our house, very yummy, but secretive still...
- an educational home ed project which I am in the process of setting up, consuming and exciting and a bit like a 'school' only not really.... or rather in the way that Forest School is a school (which is to say that it isn't - clear enough?). Anyway, these things are all for future posts but I am excited by it all so wanted to share even a tiny bit here.

4 comments:

Wyld Jane.. said...

bless her , how cute does she look ! and the project sounds intriguing x

Anonymous said...

just adorable =] she looks so funky in her wee sunnies and bike helmet "prepared for any eventuality!"

You sound busy =] very mysterious"

Unknown said...

lovely to read a post brimming with enthusiasm and such positive energy. xxxx

Anonymous said...

well, now that's intriguing! such excitement it sounds like.

i LOVE LOVE LOVE woodstoves, we had one growing up and it was so wonderful, we fought over who got to read in front of it.

there is something to the changing of the seasons, I always want to nest in fall.