Saturday, December 19, 2009

a christmas branch



I snipped a hazel branch and hung up our ceramic shapes from a long ago pottery class. Our Winter nature shelf/windowsill has been a jumble of Autumn leftovers and I cleared it today finally. In a burst of energy I also washed the window, ahem, it made me wonder how long ago the last time was.... or if I should do the others anytime soon... refreshing a window like this, especially one we see every meal time feels so good and clean and vibrant. Plus I do like remembering that silly pottery class where my dh and I had such high hopes of throwing our own pots, mugs, plates jugs and ended up cutting little shapes, in the style of true beginners (no waltzing in and out with new kitchen ware for us). Instead we have these tiny fired and glazed decorations. Carefully wrapped in a ribbon tied box from last year - they're too heavy to actually hang on our Christmas tree.





In the evening it still looks pretty:



I have been taking suma/Brazilian ginseng in my daily raw chocolates and feel so zingy. I wonder if the raw chocolates make me a bit hyper sometimes? I feel so filled with energy after eating them. I guess that's the whole point of good food though right? You eat and the food gives you energy! I am too used to that tiredness from dragging digestion..... which is gone now. I am down to only a bit of fish a few times a week, no other animal sources and I thought I'd feel hungry but no way, I seriously don't, just eating more of other stuff. Still having my green vegetable juices each day, maybe a pint or so if the littlies don't steal it all - they like it too. Two weeks now and I think my skin looks plumper and less dry, I feel pretty good on them. No grains still, but lots of dehydrated flax seed/onion crackers. Oh! And I made a guacamole type of spread/dip. In fact avocado's seem to feature highly in my diet, one a day at least. I love them best sliced and sprinkled with salt and pepper. But this is good too: blended with minced garlic, a bunch of parsley, salt pepper and lemon juice. Sometimes I don't bother with the parsley, only when the veg lady brings some do I get it. Another food I am so loving is Hempini. My very treasured jar gets a little licking and dipping each day... so delicious! Honestly worth every penny. If you want a food treat this is fab, it's sort of sticky and creamy and so so rich and delicious.



Reading some new books (ok they're for Christmas but my dh hasn't seen them yet so I'm having a quick sneaky peak then I'll hand them over to go under the tree) Raw Magic, Waking the Warrior Goddess (which has some wonderful preventative nutritional and healing info for all women) Spontaneous Healing, a very good read also, by the famous Dr Weil who is very positive about those on a empowering healing path towards better health and has some great inspirational stories. I find the nutritional info not as informative, like how he neglects to mention the powerful nutritional qualities of virgin coconut oil in his fats section..... and also a thyroid book my friend co-wrote. I don't think I have thyroid issues but this book is just full of good info for those supporting themselves on a healing path through auto immune issues. Big thumbs up from me, seven months ago when I had that auto immune flare up it was articles from this guy that had me cutting out grains sugar and following an anti inflammatory diet. It lead me to lots more reading. This book just came out so I am interested to see how it compares to the articles of his I already read.

In the house the basket of train track that has not seen the light of day for months and months has been played with ALL DAY by all three of the children in this house. I love it when that happens :)

1 comment:

Pippa said...

We have a basket of train track like that! Once upon a time, it was THE toy of the moment and as the children have got older, it gets played with less and less, but every so often, the children bring it all out and set it up and play with it for hours. It's just such a great toy, goes with so many other toys too (the train carriages are just right for Lego men I've noticed!)

I love the hazel branch and the little decorations!