
It's usual stuff here, but with a little Christmas flavour. We visited my dh's folks over the weekend and I had the worst ever case of ... illness aka chemical sensitivity ever. It was had me gasping and wheezing and unable to breathe properly during the night so I was worn out the next day (just as well we were travelling home). It amazes me the sheer amount of chemicals and artificialness existing in the regular home (plus central heating blasting away). I took my own bedding (rude house guest that I am) but was required to borrow an extra blanket as I needed the bedroom window open (letting those fumes out) and so was cold. My kids came home reeking of Persil or some other such nasty just from lying in their grandmother's beds. They both commented on the 'strange smell'... not just me then. From scented candles to tea towels washed and fabric softened to death, cutlery washed in the chemically laden dishwasher water.... it's crazy and sickening. Literally for me. The more years that pass and the more I remove from our home environment the more sensitive I feel. Also those with auto immune conditions are likely to be extra sensitive (as with everything).

I totally and utterly believe that we can create a anti-inflammatory state within our bodies through the foods we eat and the environments we live in. Foods are the best one. There's lots written about anti-inflammatory diets. For example omega 6's are generally pro-inflammatory whereas omega 3's are anti inflammatory (increase those). To decrease inflammation in the body and create an internal environment less likely to provoke an inflammatory response you can take daily:
vitamin E
vitamin C
selenium
probiotics
colostrum
vitamin A
These all have anti inflammatory properties. Eating less protein and animal products, all create nitrogen in the metabolic process which can cause inflammation (of all kinds - including allergies). I like to take MSM every day, wonderful wonderful Brazilian ginseng/suma (pfaffia paniculata) which is an adaptogen (like Maca) and thus a generally strengthening tonic for everyone. For example, someone with high cholesterol might find it reduces it, someone who needs improved cholesterol functioning (for cell repair) would equally find it helps and so on, right through the body's systems - it adapts to what the body needs, it's healing. I put it in raw chocolates as a pure powder, that way it has no fillers like it might in capsule form. Interestingly, in Chinese Medicine, the magic bullets of medicine that we prize so highly, specific medications that deliver the required results on a specific target area are not prized so highly in the East, general tonics that strengthen the body are what are revered. In the West these shunned as the notion of the placebo effect means results are too 'general' and muddied for 'scientific' evaluation. In the East general tonics that strengthen and balance the whole system (like ginseng) are prized above all - both practitioners and patients will pay lots for good quality tonics. It all depends on what you want. I am striving for healing. Or a sense of being whole. I think that can happen even with an imperfect body.
I have been reading testimonials for spontaneous healing and how amazingly the mind can effect the healing process (these testimonies themselves are a marvellous testimony of the body's capacity to heal). Some think that auto immune conditions are self inflicted. I have a hard time assimilating this, don't know if I believe it.... I think one can influence whether or not the body is in a proinflammatory state and from there spirals off other mechanisms: the hormones that influence increased inflamation also influence the increasing rates of cell proliferation (sometimes resulting in cancer) - so biologically we can influence ourselves.... can our minds, or states of consciousness and emotions do similar? Not sure, but I am open open open to explore anything that will keep me alive and well and strong. I am reading Tolle's book, The Power of Now with brand new eyes and being wowed by it. It is truly wonderful to feel so alive and now. It captures so well what I keep on feeling briefly and talking about in my clumsy way when I mention my In The Moment Bliss. I had the most lovely sensation of being totally alive and awake and Now last night lying in bed, it was like total happiness stemming from nothing other than feeling the moment and living it. We are nothing other than this very moment are we? The past was composed of moments of Now and the future also will be - but right now is the only thing that Is. Or will ever be. We can cope with the Now, but it's when we project and worry and think about the future or dwell on the past (our sense of how we see ourselves) we create what Tolle calls an anxiety gap where we are not present and thus in pain in some way. Thus we essentially create our own pain by living through out thoughts, identifying with them..... it provides lots to think' about :lol Which obviously isn't exactly what one should do with his information :) I am finding lots of inspiration and comfort in his words.

In our home, we are busy and quiet and noisy and so on, the full spectrum of dailyness :)
Glittery play dough

Chocolate Love Balls, Take II (nut free)

Yule Log making


Finding the perfect bits of holly for the log

Outdoor time, even in the chill




Indoor Christmas time too, and lots of it




Felix drew my the best picture ever, he is so talented I am blessed to be the receiver of this picture :)

In the Kitchen I make my daily: crackers, chocolate and green juice..... and of course masses of mess to be composted.





My favourite(a little tray daily jut for ME) Raw Freezer Fudge: virgin coconut oil, raw tahini, raw cacao nibs lucuma powder, raw cacao powder, agave nectar/yacon syrup, Brazilian ginseng, pink Himalayan salt. Store in freezer and dash off chunks all day long, that's what I do. Guilt free superfood Love.

According to Tolle, the best moment is Now. The best day of your life is this one and esp. when it has a bit of chocolate in it, I wholeheartedly agree.
1 comment:
Hi Claire
Wow your life is so full of wonderous things. I am interested in your chemical sensitivities as I have an immune disorder that is clearly effected by diet you may be interested in this website www.arnoldsway.com I am in the early stages of changing everything in our house/food as I want to stay well. One question - any ideas for those on a limited budget for going natural in the home and kitchen?
Post a Comment