Wednesday, December 23, 2009

solstice tart



I made these sparkly sunshine tarts for the solstice. They are so so yummy. A generous slice was just now my breakfast (but probably was more nutritious than a regular breakfast so that's ok :) )

Hemp seeds (200g), goji berries (100g), a bit of goji soak water (30 ml), lucuma powder (100g), flax seeds (100g), pink salt (pinch), Brazilian ginseng (generous pinch), yacon syrup (drizzle and taste) all whizzed up to a spreadable soft mush. Spread in two hand sized rounds on a lined baking sheet and left in the bottom AGA with the door ajar all night until dry but still moist (I just don't have a dehydrator). Then I made the the chocolate gloop..... virgin coconut oil/butter melted with some agave and raw cacao powder, smooth and creamy and thickens as you stir. I added a dainty sprinkle of chlorella powder too for added richness and algae-goodness. Spread on top of each tart nice and thickly, drool a bit and then sprinkle on the bright sunny rays of summer and the reminder of warmth - bee pollen!

Good breakfast or what? Esmé thought so.... And (hyper drum roll) guess what? Cake person that I am, I am ecstatic with excitement because I have ordered a raw Quantum chocolate cake, this one from rawliving for my birthday. How fantastic does it sound? I don't think I have ever ever even bought a cake before.... far far too decadent. This feels very strange and exciting. I'll post here about how it tastes, my sister and I have wanted to try one for ages (we have similar diets and tastes and have both been oggling these on the website for a while). Also for my 30th Birthday I will be having the 25-hydroxy-d blood test. Yeah I am super weird, I will be very very interested to see what my blood vitamin D levels are as it's such a HUGE thing and I'll finally know how much to supplement with (or if I need too) I suspect I will, as it's thought auto immune issues often arise from a lack of the sunshine vitamin (or at least can be exacerbated by low levels and often susceptible individuals have poor receptor sites and so need more).

So, two fine treats indeed!

Happy Solstice from me and the bathing Beauty!

1 comment:

emma said...

If only these people did organic food, I would order a box for you for a treat: http://www.graze.com/ My mother is a complete convert to them and gets a box every week of dried fruit and nuts and stuff. But not organic, as far as I can tell from the site.

xx