Monday, February 14, 2011

kanoko pants, and a hat



Knit these Kanoko Pants for a friend. They are newborn size and super cute. I'd like to wear some. Only of course I'd look ridiculous, even if they did fit. The pattern was very easy, the changes in stitch make them look trickier than they really were. They were knit waist downwards on circular needles, changing to dpn's for each leg. No seams to sew.



The yarn is Colinette Art a merino and bamboo mix and is super soft and silky feeling. These knit up fairly quickly, less than a week anyway, which for me is miraculous; easy pattern or not. Like I might have mentioned, if I have time to visit the bathroom it's a good day.



So knitting, yeah, it's a backseat. All I can say is I have been staying up late. Only one 100g skein for the whole lot and I bought two so lucky me, I get to make something else :) They are a shade of green with some grey and browns thrown in, this is probably the best representation of colour.



Oh! Forgot, I also knit this a week or so ago for the same friend. The Aviatrix hat, again in newborn size with some left over Noro Silk garden from a looong time ago. It's a very quick knit too with enough to concentrate on so that boredom can't creep in. Also when I use wool that changes colour as I knit I can't help but feel ridiculously pleased and satisfied (almost though it were through my own endeavours or something).

3 comments:

sherene said...

Thank you so much! I was on ravelry all weekend looking for just those two things. And although I found tons of adorable patterns, the ones you just posted were exactly what I was looking for.

Claire said...

oh well, isn't it nice when that happens?!! I love finding just the right thing that I knew I wanted to knit (but had not previously seen) on other people's blogs.

Will look out for your versions,

Claire

Sian said...

those Konoko pants are so cute : ) although I've never knitted in the round, so a little daunting. Are you about fri morning for a quick visit, to drop off Esme's pressie? We've got a few errands round your way.

Sian x