Tuesday, February 08, 2011

walking in circles



Sometimes we never actually reach our planned destination (usually because by Sunday we all want to chill out and so don't actually get up and out until the afternoon is well and truly bitten into ). So we never made it to the waterfall of our planned route. We certainly didn't care though - it was beautiful, blustery, mysterious sort of place to walk in. The bare trees glowed fluorescent green with moss and it was a day of Welsh Drizzle. But drizzle can be beautiful, it really can. I didn't feel like going out (knitting by the fire seemed nicer) but it was refreshing and uplifting and my legs wouldn't stop running up the hill we were walking (um, kind of unusual for me). I am often chided by my kids for running, who knows why, but sometimes I just *have* to. My legs quiver and then they run, up, down, on flat, they don't care. And in feeling such high excitement I don't seem to get tired either. Was so glad we picked a tree filled hillside, the wind was high and the sound rushing through the pines overhead was just like a waterfall (so it felt like we were always almost there, which turned out to be quite good enough).










(photo by Isaac)







This last scene reminded me so much of a jigsaw I once had as a child.... tiny children peeped out from behind trees in a green, brown, snowy landscape. It was a good jigsaw, I loved looking at it, wanted to step right into it... (I guess in a way I did!) who knows what happened to it. It's one of those things I always keep my eyes open for in charity shops.

4 comments:

The Yarn Owl said...

Lovely pictures, and if its the waterfall I think it is near my Mum and Dads then you were so nearly there!!! Its a magical place DS loved it although he wanted to climb up it!!

Alice x

Claire said...

It was Break Neck Falls - is that the one?

Was going to pm you alice to ask if you wanted some little purple wool slipper boots (those german ones, forget the name) that E has outgrown, maybe 5-6 size? Would you like them?

Claire

Jacqui said...

Ah - trees! I nearly miss them. Our Sunday walks are always mid afternoon, so we never get very far either.
xxx

Cllr Nat said...

Once again you do our Welsh landscape proud and the photos are exceptional...we live in a very mystical land and you have captured it marvelously...Great to see you all cwtched up in warm clothes and having a great time together.

xx