Wednesday, February 16, 2011

yarn along



Joining in with the Yarn Along from Ginny's lovely blog, Small Things. The idea is you post what you are currently knitting and reading in one go. Knitting and reading - so good for me, soul medicine like (if only one could do both lovely things simultaneously...).

An American friend introduced me to this series of books many years ago and I am reading the latest. What can I say, not high brow reading but seductive, interesting, lovable and I always whizz through them super addict style. Thick slabs of books, they fill you up.

On the needles is a hat for myself (the purple was appropriated by the Beauty). It's supposed to be this hat, but it doesn't look like that hat at all. Last time I knit this it also seemed to turn it's self into something wholly different. Who knows where I am going 'wrong', my ability to read patterns (even simple ones it seems) sometimes is lacking. Nevertheless I am sure there will be a hat (of a sort) eventually.....

6 comments:

Amy said...

I too love the Gabaldan series!

Nadja said...

The hat pattern looks really nice, and I love that rustic looking yarn, just the kind of thing I would choose for myself.

Anke said...

Is that the last one in the Outlander series? I'm on the "Fiery cross" right now and I have to say I adore the series.

Jacqui said...

I have only read the first one - years ago. I really enjoyed it- loved it even, but just didn't feel I wanted to go on. Don't know why, really.
xxx

Christina said...

That yarn is very pretty...just the sort of colors I like to wear myself.

Sweetness and Light said...

The yarn is lovely and can't wait to see how it turns out :)