It's the Debbie Bliss Boat Neck Sweater (again, I know, what a bore). I added the garter stitch ridges just for my own amusement whilst knitting. It is my favourite knitted item for my babes to wear (although not maybe my favourite to knit - it's kinda boring a pattern.
It rolls at the neck, all comfy and easy to pull on. It rolls at the sleaves so it can be rolled down when little arms grow.
And it's rolled at the bottom just, well, because every other edge is rolled.
I have made this once before in pink for my niece with an over sewn rainbow heart, then in purple and blue stripes for Felix the toddler, then with some spring-green self patterning sock wool last year again for Felix the bigger boy (only I was so bored by it that it ended up a tad short.) Then I made a teeny newborn gooseberry coloured cashmere/merino one for Esmé. And now this one. I even have pics of them all I think - yeah here you go:
Er.... I really need to find another pattern, this one feels well and truly explored!
5 comments:
Oh, pink is so her color!
Oh, they are sooo lovely!! This has definitely inspired me to tackle a little jumper for Minnie.
I love them all (especially the little goosberry one...), no wonder you keep coming back to this pattern. How cute does your wee babe look, all glowing and beautiful.
Thanks for letting me know where to find the cardigan pattern. I looked at the library website and they seem to have every other Debbie Bliss book but that one. No probs though am going to look out for it to buy and in the meantime am going to look through all the other DB books to see if I can find something similar.
Loved the magazine by the way, even hubby has picked it up once or twice! The kids also loved the tattoo's, they think that they are realy cool now. Kalem did not want to have a shower as he did not want to risk them coming off..X
Julie XX
fab jumpers, beautiful pictures and gorgeous children
thanks for sharing
x
Beautiful pictures and wonderful sweaters.
Much respect for such a talented knitting mama.
XX
Post a Comment