
This is the Pilot Hat from Little Turtle Knits. And no I have not gone on a binge Esmé hat making spree, this one was supposed to be for my nephew Ruben who's mama asked me to knit him a hat with ties cos' he pulls off everything else.... knowing he's a strapping kind of lad (two months older than my little dd) I decided to knit the toddler sized version of the hat. BUT it fits Esmé so there is NO way it's gonna fit him. Nope. So The Beauty has another hat. Ahem. Time to get making for the bigger boys.
Coincidently dd is wearing the same little romper suit thing as in the last last winter hat shot - I just love that little thing - it was Felix's too and is just so snuggly and soft. It is from a the German company Lana who no longer make such nice things I think. Such generously cut stuff is hard to find - got to get around that big cloth bottomed baby-butt.
Back to the hat - it was a good pattern. Interesting to knit and not too long or boring, good clear instructions too. I liked knitting it very much. But is was one of those scratching head sorts of patterns where I just could not figure out how the thing was going to look. It was decidedly odd. I was maybe 2/3 through before I thought ahhhhh! Now I see how it will look. Also I knit it during two different nights of film watching with my dh so I would stare up and then back down at my knitting and have forgotten what I was doing. I tried to knit once with a subtitled film - what a stoopid thing to try! Unless you are a touch-type sort of knitter. I am not. Cute hat though yeah? The yarn is a local Welsh merino-cashmere blend and is rich and soft - a darker cocoa colour in real life than this photograph shows.
3 comments:
Oh I love that hat.
And Esme looks so cheeky!
XX
Esme has go to be the most photogenic baby ever. She is just so darn cute.... Love the hat too...X
Oh I love knitting that hat, so cute.
x
Post a Comment