
The first of the season's winter hats, for Esmé. She was first in line as the smallest in the bunch. It's the hat from that same Bliss book for beginners, that I have knit a trillion times and probably shall knit another trillion more. It does not tie under the chin, nor have ear flaps but it is so endearing and so easy to knit and as long as it is not too small it really does not curl up and require tugging back over the ears. This one is knit in Noro Silk Garden and is beautifully soft and velvety. It is the hat of choice for my boys who call it the 'Willy' hat. Any guess as to why??!!!! And want another each this winter. Stay tuned for Winter Hat II!
9 comments:
Gorgeous! Love that pattern (and Noro). Think my random ball of silk garden has been eaten... or assimilated into something without me realising. Very cute. :)
How sweet! I'm trying to teach myself to knit and have been for years. I bought a Debbie Bliss book with intention of knitting for Daisy (dd3) when she was a baby and have just given the book away as I realised with horror that even Rose (dd4) is now too big for the patterns in the book! Perhaps I'll have mastered the art in time for grandchildren!
I LOVE the 'willy' hat, gorgeous colours. I am definitely going to order this book as have scoured the library and can't find it or anything similar.
Esme looks so adorable in those photo's, is that 2 teeth I see??? She also looks like she is sitting up really well. No teeth or sitting up yet for Lola, funny how babes the same age can be so different. Both got those gorgeous chubby cheeks though, sweet!!! X
shall I send you a photo of our willy hat for your collection? :)
Awww, it's lovely. I am obviously too much of a yarn saddo as I immediately recognised the yarn as Noro, lol
M! Yes - please do :)
Beautiful hat.
But how could it look anything but with such a gorgeous model?
XX
Cute baby! Cute hat!
willy hat! that is hilarious! I call that pattern the Keeper hat lol The hat and model are gorgeous!
Post a Comment