~a winter something for The Beauty but I'm making it up as I go so no real clue yet

on the little table

absorbed in a little quiet play

and read

fluffing up the sheepskins

the boys
~ making a shop with leaves, flowers, garden food, sticks and stone money



Making teeny-tiny accordion books, and step books, and stick and elastic band books.... all with recycled bits and bobs, instructions here.



My favourites are the cloth covered ones, I used my glue gun on these and they were super addictive, perfect as stocking fillers or tiny party bag gifts? I dunno, but I can see self going through scraps and scraps of fabric to make many more.
4 comments:
Hi Claire,
I've got a great book pattern??? to share - kind of an origami affair, show you next time we see you. We (I) love book making :)!!!
ohh Im loving the pattern on the wool, what stitches do you use to make it?
ruby, the stitch pattern:
Ok, see if I can get it right :)
first three rows:
knit one purl three and continue to end .
On the next row which is the wrong side, you want to reverse that so you are purling that one knit sticth and knitting those three purls.
Repeat this so you have three rows. (So on the right side you have three rows of the knit one purl one)
The next three rows are plain stockinette stitch (the right side needs to have the knit and the wrong the purl pattern).
Then repeat those six rows over and over and over. The end.
It takes a good couple of repeats of the pattern to get to see the waffle effect. It is very pleasing and lovely touch. My dd keeps oohhhing over it. I am using a natural coloured brown yarn which is part merino part cashmere, it still has a nice faint lanolin smell too.
It may end up being a simple boat next sweater as in the Debbie Bliss beginners book as when I think ahead I think the waffle style may be too bulky looking in a v-neck cardigan which was my other plan.... plus I'd have to do some different ribbing for the trim so probably it will be the boat neck sweater or some variant of. If you make something with it I'd love to see what you tunr out!
If I hade the wool and patience (to knit somethng big, which mostly I don't) it would make the most lovely warm and soft baby blanket.
Sian if you fancy coming over on thur/fri we can do some bookmaking :) Or next week if you still have guests.....
Post a Comment