
This girl's favourite song right now. She screeches at me, 'Banana pancake! Banana pancake! Banana pancake!' And is stuck on this repeat until I put it on. But then she hears the lyrics and shouts 'Banana pancake!' And so the day moves through it's phases of randomness that make up my life.... or does it? Am I really stuck in some sort of repeating deja vu scenario for all of mortal time (and actually isn't that supposed to be hell...?) Who knows, life at home is frequently hellish and heaven like, sometime the two even mix in a shameless parody of how you might imagine a strange life is lived where a child screams at you half the day and this is actually quite prefered over the possibility of the other half whereby she is tearing chunks from her brothers. Just kidding. Well, not really, but maybe I exaggerate (when this album is on I feel like the old train having a breakdown).

We all like kite flying and it's a welcome break after too long in each other's company. The space between us and seeing the open sky restores a vital sanity-soul filled jigsaw piece that was lost along the day. No one else was allowed to hold that particular kite, you can tell that yeah? But her enthusiasm was 100% catching.





I picked all of these from my garden and was outrageously pleased that I could do so. I purposefully sowed about two packets of sunflowers way back when, just so come high summer I could have a vase just like this.

I am a knitter. I like that label. I like to knit the same comforting things over and over, varying wool, needle size and such. Who knows who the combination might fit? It's high excitement. Things always find the right sized body part on someone eventually.

So much for 'wordless Wednesday', I love it, but I guess my mouth is on overdrive.
And if you have a cat don't you just love it when they are picking a place for their hundredth snooze of the day, pawing the favoured spot, twisting turning, cleaning themselves, tucking around their tail, all neat and snug. It's pretty nice to watch.
6 comments:
Lovely :)
Awww...your place looks so idyllic.
I've spent the morning nursing a vomiting child and cleaning out the inside of the bin. Next I should really tackle the lifeforms in the fridge.
Can I come to yours? {g}
Lucy, I just had the recent copy of GP - thank you so much for the shout out! I was so suprised and all, it's a very odd feeling to see one's blog like that mentioned! But nice! Thanks :)
Big mamma frog-
Ha! There are very good reasons as to why my pics are either close up's indoors or scenic ones outside :)
I just opened the back door to throw something into the recycling and the smell was so bad I had to slam it shut again in a hurry. I am a lazy recycler. I convince myself why waste the water to rinse things out when they'll all get washed again at the sorting centre, but then have a festering pile of 'rubbish' for two weeks, in open bins that sit for two weeks at a time. Yickity yackity yuck. My bathrooms? Well I just don't go in them much. Boys don't have good aim and us two girls are outnumbered in that department 3:2. It's best we find to wee outdoors.
My ds is alll... ohhh on the computer already I see, Hmmmm. At my shoulder. Infuriating as I am allotted ten minutes a day to his hour or more playing Harry Potter Lego games and all important Fifa 10. Did he make breakfast, sweep the floors, clean the kitchen, load up the washing machine empty the dishwasher, see to various outdoor animal chores getting pecked by broody hen in process (god I'd like to wring it's neck that Vicious One - it really is The vicious One, the only of our flock that I allow to be named)... all before flopping here for ten minutes of gathering thoughts before then next marathon? Noooo. Guilt guilt trip all the way today. Better go and make a real day happen rather than blogging one that hasn't yet happened ;)
Hope your day is a sweet scented one with no vomit.
Claire
Hi Claire, I was really hoping you wouldn't mind, after I had named it I thought that I really should have asked you first if it was ok!
x
i couldn't resist commenting on this one Claire.
how do you think our Sunday morning pancakes tradition started? because of this song.
can i say how much i love The Beauty's kite flying outfit. the glasses top it off perfectly.
and i agree wholeheartedly about the cats. i want to BE MY cat in my next life.
Post a Comment