
And went wool shopping.

To the BEST place ever to buy wool. Wonderwool! The giant yearly wool festival here in Wales. Hundreds of sellers in every area of wool craft. I took the girl along with me for the ride (and sheep! this girl likes sheep as much as I do... but not perhaps wool... think I'll leave her at home next time).
Where else would you see a teenage boy spinning wool?

Or sheep with wool this curly?

So many places to look you reach wool saturation point quite quickly and then become unable to discriminate between what you came for and what you want (which turns out to be everything). I settled on all of my purchases at the one stall, Mirasol Yarn; masses or Peruvian wool and silk. Just so silky and yummy.

Well, I bought way too much, but who's telling. Plus I can convince myself it was all great bargain prices (it was!). Such a hot day, when I arrived back home all I wanted to do was sit outside...

and knit :)
8 comments:
Wow, wow, wow, all that Mirasol - my absolute most fave yarn ever. I can truly see why you would have bought a lot, but no, not too much, you can never have too much Mirasol ;-)
Happy, lovely day.
Wow, envious, enjoy your purchases
ooo...I wouldn't have been able to go somewhere like that - I'd have come back with a car full of wool. And, honestly, I already have a loft full!
Looks like you bought some beautiful yarn!
Ohhh what a wonderful trip you had. :) I so wish I'd been able to go this year! (Yarn envy lol.)
Sounds like a fantastic day, and some goodies were bought x
Couldn't make it this year but a great event, have friends who went as visitors and exhibitors.
wow what lovely wool, I like your sandals too, sounds like you had a great day.
Wow Wonderwool sounds lovely! I especially like the orcre colored yarn you bought, such a warm color. What are you planning to make with it?
mama maakt - I love the art work that is your blog's heading! So lovely, where is it from?
I am in the process of using a wool winder to wind everything into little fat criss cross buns. It's giving me time to lok at it all and plan some projects :) I think I will make some bay items..... I am getting some thngs together to show a shop I may sell from so want to get a nice range beforehand :) I love the yellow yarn, I always stick to blue/purple/green and really stepped out of my comfort zone buying the yellow. But am so glad I did! It's beautiful and now I have it I want more :) I see some baby vests I think with that one :)
Claire
Post a Comment