
This is the Sam Lamb baby t-shirt vest. It has no owner, yet. I just felt compelled to knit it. It was fiddly, and I had to faff a lot it seemed for the first 15-20 rows of the yoke. After that it was all knit down mindlessly in the round. Don't think I'd make it again, I have found nicer vest patterns, which I enjoyed knitting more. But this one did turn out well.

Note: Don't bother with the buttons, it's so stretchy I think it would fit over a baby with a melon sized head. The yarn is the bootiful Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend, a gift from a friend (remember these Kanoko pants? The recipient mama gifted me this wool). I could really wax lyrical over this kettle dyed wool, or compose an ode, it's silky smooth, matte, has a delicate peachy sheen and is a pleasure to hold. The vest feels pretty much like baby skin. Which meant I really did have to knit something for a baby with it.

I am in the process of winding the exciting newly purchased wool/silk/cotton and in the dreaming stages of what it may all one day become.... especially excited over the gold-yellow. Not a colour I ever use (I'm more of a blue/green/purple girl) but it's so warm and seductive it's the one I feel drawn to use first.
2 comments:
I love this little top....does it have an owner yet? X
The top is very pretty.
The wool - oh yes, the goldis lovely. Like you I tend to stick to blues/greens/purples/browns but I would definitely have been tempted by that warm sunshine hue.
Very much anticipating what will come from it.
xx
Post a Comment