Thursday, October 27, 2011

ballet girl



Is what she calls herself now. I don't think ballet is ever a thing I would have picked out for her to do, had I been given, say a big list of options. Especially when viewing her personality, I would have imagined something like karate more her thing. She thinks ballet is some sort of fairy-in-training thing. I let her think so. Why not? I think if I were three, I'd like to think it were possible.



So she will no doubt wear the shoes to shreds before her next lesson, so bent is she on practicing. Practicing what exactly, I don't know - skipping? Twirling? She is oh so proud and happy with herself it's impossible not to catch her enthusiasm too. Although I keep having to remind her that ballet slippers really are indoors shoes, unfortunately (or fortunately, since I'd be buying a pair a week the places she wants to wear them to).



Unlike, perhaps regular slippers or socks which she also thinks are multi indoor-outdoor use. I don't know why I don't just keep the front door permanently open. Wait! That is exactly what I *do* do! No wonder there is little distinction in her mind between indoors and out. Oh well. It's all a blur to me too.



ballet girl - she looks so big when she's in such a uniform. But cute. I am totally allowed to say that. She is totally cute. But generally in looks only. She bullies me to death to be honest. It's astounding. Her brothers are like the sweetest things in comparison, but her voice is a fog horn blasting us all to do her bidding. Never mind 'fairy', I think she reckons on being Queen. It sort of suits her in any case.



5 comments:

Rose said...

Lovely! it's almost a little girls rite of passage isn't it? and I do hope G will want to go to classes. I still have my pointe shoes hanging from my bed post which she likes talking about 'mummys ballerina shoes'. I'd like her to do Karate too, I wanna know she can handle herself ... and funny enough it's another thing I did as a child ... I looked sweetness and fairy light on the outside but you didn't wanna mess with me, tee hee! Enjoy Mama X X X

devonmama said...

Oh my goodness she looks so grown up! I remember having a real yen for a ballet outfit when I was small, didn't matter than I couldn't go to classes, I just wanted to wear the clothes! Been reading too many Sadler's Wells books me thinks... xx

charlotte said...

ballet girl looks amazing! Dressing up and prancing around is still a favourite thing to do! lol x x x

Pippa said...

Hehe, I like the idea of ballet being fairy-in-training, I think Minnie would agree with that too! xxxxx

Sandra Ann said...

Lovely pictures. We too have a fairy princess in training and she also has a "fog-horn" voice!! I think she takes after me and has heard me shout once too often, "sigh".

The fairy lights are so pretty, hope you are doing OK.

San x