Wednesday, October 26, 2011

yarning along



I am knitting The Beauty another pair of the mittens I made last year and including it in this week's Yarn Along. The pattern is the one I invented after not finding one to my specific liking and can be found here or on the right over there under the 'tutorial' heading in the sidebar.

The ones from last year fit fine still. Only the puppy just chewed them to shreds. On reflection it might not have been the best project to ease myself back in to the world of knitting with. Considering my left hand is still sort of stiff and use is limited and knitting mittens requires the use of four small fiddly needles. But, well I am just crazy about these yarns, one Colinette Art (the blue) and the pink was a super soft woolly gift from a NZ buddy. I am sure knitting is The Best sort of physio a hand with a severed tendon could ever want to do. And I feel grateful and happy that I managed to knit one entire mitten in just two days. Right now for my hand and sanity it's a big deal. In fact I am sure a miniature mitten might just be the best thing I could have picked to knit, since it's satisfyingly small.

Looking forward tonight to The Man piling wood on the fire and sitting to knit the other. And then reading in bed. My second Charles Frazier book this week. Read Cold Mountain last (again) and it's one of my favourite cold weather reads. Hope Thirteen Moons measures up.

5 comments:

M said...

delightful!
I was wondering if you'd ever received that (given I mailed it in the middle of packing my house up and very well might have put the entirely wrong address on it)!!
and besides which - I am knitting http://rebeccagunn.blogspot.com/2011/07/super-simple-baby-tunic.html
with that same wool right now :)
So nice to have that tiny connection through our hands.
love you!
M

Wendy said...

Oh lucky you--knitting in front of a fire and then reading in bed!

Gotta love a puppy that gives you an excuse to knit!

charlotte said...

cold mountain, say no more!

Lori ann said...

cute gloves and cold mountain is one of my very favorties too. i love the movie as well. i have 13 moons, must push it to the top of the queue.

Rebecca said...

I have watched COLD MOUNTAIN at least five times and love it! My daughter does not live far from its setting. Looking forward to hearing about this Charles Frazier book when you finish it. Take care of that knitting hand!