Wednesday, October 26, 2011

pumpkin heads



We carved ours early.





We like a week of enjoying them all lit up. I love how they all had ideas of their own design. The Beauty worked away at hers until every scrap had been removed. Then I cut out the excess flesh to store in the freezer until such time as inclination towards muffin or soup making strikes. Felix on the other hand, sighed and huffed and flumped about with his pumpkin and left me to do the harder bits, waiting until only the face carving was left. Isaac did every last bit himself.





Pumpkins: Felix, Isaac


The Beauty was given flower-fairy lights recently and so we hung them in the bedroom (she and I share that bed) and Mr Pumpkin Head came with us too. We were well lit to read spooky stories. The man thinks it's entirely PINK in there now, but doesn't seem to care (or notice such things normally, as a rule). He thinks only Real Men wear pink in any case. I guess that explains away the pink work shirts I find in the wash...

1 comment:

Dotty Delightful said...

Her room looks so cosy, I was going to get pumpkins today and get the boys carving them but then I remembered last year and how I ended up digging out the flesh after they got bored, maybe I will just get one to share this time haha