
Early morning hill walk, becoming a favourite, the two youngest, myself and the dog. Felix is getting handy with my camera. Hence my rare inclusion in some shots :) I feel so happy to be just out and walking lately. Wind, rain, damp, I just don't care.

Having a dog means the kids don't even moan like they used to when I just wanted to walk for walkings sake. Because a dog speaks for it's self and it's need to be outdoors. They know it. And it's getting me out even on the rare times I just don't feel like. Because I always see something to make me feel glad to be alive. I think walking makes that happen. It's a blessing.









Even if the beautiful thing happens to be one of my children. It's good to notice that too.

7 comments:
I have always had a dog ever since I cried for two days on holiday in Wales with my mum and dad when I was 10 because the farm owners said I could have one of there puppies, and thats when dog walking took hold of my life! I still love it, and the harsher the weather the more I agree with you , it makes you feel like your alive. So pleased you love it too.
did your parents let you take one? xx
also - what on earth do you wear on your feet? I go through wellies like anything, just always getting holes. And walking boots are not mud proof enough (or ratehr I am too lazy to clean them off, so something more welly like suits). I saw these fab 'wellies' made from leather. I am in love with them as only someone who does this sort of multi-daily walkign in this country could be, what do you think:
http://www.rydaleclothing.co.uk/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=7340&idcategory=0#details
Lovely photos as always especially the one of you and your girl.
San x
I love your photos and I agree about the dog walks. It feels life-affirming. Sometimes, even if it makes me happier to be inside after.
i love what you wrote, its so absoultly true. and you are so gorgeous. all of you. lovely lovely photos.
best portraits ever.
nothing like a nice walk to bring out the beauty and the best in all of you!
Post a Comment