I already need to chill out from the enthusiasm, and do so by eating soup and knitting.

But some things are nice. We made this mega Christmas list of ideas. One per day until Christmas to be exact. Out on a walk we talked about all of the things we like doing around about now and when we came home I made up a big list, just because it's good to have ideas at the ready, even though I am not organised enough to plan for them, they are mostly things we can do anyway. On a regular day. If we fancy.

So far we went wild making a million paper snowflakes. The good thing about these are that no matter how you cut them they turn out great, every snip equals magical art when you unfold them. We found they looked best made from paper circles (draw around a plate). Even a three year old can be an amazing artist when it comes to snowflakes. And there was a more real looking snowstorm on the floor when it was all over.

Here's our list, so next year I can be easy and copy-paste:
1. Make a wreath for the door from the garden and hedgerow
2. Cut out paper snowflakes (done and double done, big tick here)
3. Make peppermint creams
4. Make Christmas crackers
5. Ditto, Christmas cards
6. Get a tree and decorate it
7. Make a Christmas cake or mince pies (gf)
8. Decorate cake w. marzipan (I seem to have children who love marzipan)
9. Pullout basket of Christmas stories and dig in
10. Make window stars (done)
11. Go and listen to Christmas carols and stories
12. See Esmé's nativity play
13. Listen to Christmas music at home
14. Make a Yule log, like this for the solstice
15. Go to the Christmas fair (food and craft)
16. Make paper chains
17. Ditto decorations for tree (sliced and dried blood oranges?)
18. Gingerbread, make, bake, decorate
19. Make Christmas village, all are in love with this one here, so wish me luck
20. Make some easy gifts (jam-done) chocolates, glitter play dough
21. Bring holly and mistletoe inside to decorate house
22. Make reindeer food ie, oats mixed w. glitter to sprinkle outside on Christmas Eve
23. Bake gf Stollen, or try
24. Read 'twas the night before...'

Amen. And phew, already.
3 comments:
we share about half a list. the girls and i talked about the same thing last night and i wrote up the list today at lunchtime, a list because i'm so scatterbrained and because i don't want to miss any of the fun.
snowflakes and paperchains planned for this weekend.
there is nothing like children to make Christmas amazing.
i'm glad you shared your list :-)
I love that list and I have already done the first one this morning before I switched the computer on. I'm a bit sad though as I made a big, felt advent calendar a few years back, only it is SOMEWHERE in storage along with all our Christmas decorations, buried under all our furniture and belongings, so no hope of finding it till we build a house and bring all our things out again!! Jimmy has made a nativity scene out of Lego though, which will have to replace our usual one and we'll have to make our decorations as I'm far too mean to go and buy more. I think made decorations will be nicer anyway, so I will be watching your blog with interest to see what other lovely things you are up to! I still want to do the leaves in wax when we get a chance as they'll look lovely. xxxxxxx
Pippa - I remember very well the advent felt calendar you made, it was very lovely and something I planned to make too and then never did get my act together :) Was outside just a minute ago feeding our new chickens and thinking about you, bvelive it or not! I know how much pleasure you get from yours and after a couple of months withouh any here (first time in nearly 3 yrs) I needed more :) Our new ones are fab, so friendly and beautiful (we even have a 'blue' one). Love to you and little Billy :) xx
Post a Comment