
They love each other. And they show it.

Dancing

Felix he was the artist, I just stitched over. It's of one of their Grand-papa's who just turned 70.

From the road, our house is slowly disappearing from view. But I can live with it. Being overgrown is a Good Thing.

Earlier, trying to take a pic for Book Sharing Monday. Felix was keen to squeeze right in there too. The book: Little House in the Big Woods. I love it for the cosiness, the FOOD (did I have to add that?!) the food preparation, the simple living (corn cob dollies, fiddle playing before bed and in later books the living in the back of a wagon, Perfect pa chipping away and throwing up a house of sticks for them all to live it, sigh, sigh, dream) and family togetherness which makes for good bed time reading. I have to say - though that my dh is not overly fond of Laura Ingalls and her rose tinted lenses. I though, find lots of pleasure in the glowy whimsy/faction of her books. They are like a gooey sweet slice of history.
6 comments:
Enjoy the girly stuff - My younger daughter has red hair too, and she loves making up wonderful heair styles (she's 19:))
I did like The Little House books, but I'm not sure if Pa is that perfect. I can't remember if it is this book or the Prairie one that he hits Laura with a belt :o.
Apart from that - yes gooey sweet history is cosy.
Hair styles too ;) xx
Oh yeah - there are the odd er, horrid bits - what with little girls needing to be seen but not heard rubbish. But I suppose they could be points of conversation about cultural/time differences in attitude. The belt bit, can't remember! But I just know my dh thought he was yuck - what with me and the boys saying constanlty - wow! he made a door and hnges with just wood and leather! Or Ohhhh a house! he built a house! Stuff like that :)
Aw lovely pictures as always!
And thankyou thankyou thankyou for a very extra-special book sharing monday collection from the post office. ;) Pictures of my little snuggly baby in a praire bonnet to follow... :)
love the brother/sister cuddles!!!
i think my girls are ready for me to sneak my little house books out of my Dad's house...sssh!
Post a Comment