Monday, October 26, 2009

book sharing, the spooky ones



We have a little rotating basket of books that I try to stay on top of changing with the seasons and festivals we celebrate. It's either in the sitting room or carted upstairs. Right now these are the ones we are reading (I didn't include the Autumn ones, jut our spooky ones).





New ones this year include the two Eve Bunting ones, very sweet stories and pictures, esp the Jan Brett illustrated one. Meg and Mog are classed as Halloween books to us, as is Slinky Malinky and Hansel and Gretel (gotta love those sooty evocative Jan Pienkowski pics!).



Any favourites spooky favourites of yours that you can't spot here? I'd love to hear more, book hunting and reading is a passion for me:) And also for baby boo (I am pretty thrilled to say) who is all secretive and quiet and who I find sitting ever so quietly all alone with a book or two......





Even our un-black witches cat begs to get in on our spooky book sharing.

4 comments:

Pippa said...

I love that picture of your little girl sitting in a big chair with a book. She is totally absorbed in it - lovely!

Anonymous said...

We love Winnie the Witch stories, oh and room on the broom! Your little one looks so cute sitting there reading, very tranquil!

Claire said...

oh yeah! Winnie the witch! We have a couple of those - must hunt them out to add to the basket....! Thanks :)

Monica said...

Yes! Winnie the Witch jsut *rocks*!