Sunday, October 11, 2009

sweet like chocolate



I am making chocolates. Raw organic fair trade sugar free, dairy free. You know the drill. They are made from just three wonderful things: raw cacao butter, raw cacao powder and raw agave nectar. I sometimes add vanilla, goji berries, cacao nibs or almonds. It is so lovely to find real real pure tasty chocolate that I can eat. It's a revelation. I eat these and marvel: so this is what chocolate should taste like.... I have been a Green & Blacks addict for years and felt a bit deprived since my diet overhaul in May. But honestly - G&B does not compare to these. I have found The Raw Chocolate Shop and sampled to my hearts content... but my own top even these. Arrogant or what. It's true, my dh and kids agree, our home made ones are tops.



When the house is a builders den there is nothing for it but to make toffee apples....





thinks this boy...



Felix arranges the nature shelf with his own found treasures. I have done this year after year, season after season myself now since my children were born and despite play and mess with it and occasionally toss a shell or conker or feather on there it's been a background thing. Nice in a steady background-y way. This Autumn Felix took matters into his own hands and decided to do it himself. Which is why we have bits of summer still on there, but who cares, it's the process not the finished article, right? Which is what I tell myself when playmobil men and star wars figures also end up there.





And Esmé eats. Soup. A lot. Which is just as well since I could eat it at every meal. Finally someone else in the house who shares my passion for soup. It must be a girl thing.

6 comments:

Amber Liddle said...

OH YUM. Those chocolates look so so so so good!! And I'm glad it's proper soup weather, I could eat it all winter long :)

Momma said...

Your chocolates look so shiny and beautiful. How could I taste from Arizona? Perhaps a recipe could be in order in the near future?

Kt said...

Your chocolates look shiny and lovely Claire!

LucyF said...

The chocolates look amazing! How do I make them?? x

Claire said...

Ohhh I have done SO MUCH tinkering with the recipe for these. The shine can vanish if too much agave is used, or the wrong ratio of powder to butter.... I have a recipe I like. there are others I have used. Indigo herbs suggest starting with 100g of butter to 100g of powder and once the butter is melted and powder added, add agave to taste. I use less powder than that, otherwise I find the chcolates too hard. Not sure if I should post my exact recipe as my dh and I are thinking about selling my little chcolates online! Maybe I will anyway..... I guess you'll see if I do!

Claire

Anonymous said...

Yay Esme! I agree about the soup.

Claire, those chocolates look dee-lish.

Oh and I love Felix's nature table. If he loves it then I say go with it!