I have recently become enamoured with David Wolfe's online persona (and yes he is also a great salesman :) I notice....). His nutritional research is pretty front line. I particularly like the look of his Longevity Now programme, but lack available funds to purchase such a necessity for healthful living. However, a bit of online digging unearthed some good videos which I think covers most of the stuff on his programme. If you type in 'David Wolfe and 'calcium' on YouTube there's a series of videos describing what is a culmination of about 20 years of research: that aging and degenerative diseases are a process of calcification. Oh here's a link starting with video two (the first is just welcome babble). He also has a great little video on enhancing immune function, here.
In order to reverse this process and breakdown the coral like calcification cells that silt up and cause in the heart: heart attack, in the brain: stroke, in the gallbladder: stones, in the eyes: cataracts, in the joints: arthritis.... and so on. When we reach a peak of how much calcium we can store it overflows and we have inflammation, the reduced ability for blood flow in ares of high calcification leads to inflammation.
Calcification detox lifestyle would include:
To break down:
~ MSM, DMSO, Zeolites, EDTA 9with garlic, alone it doesn't work)
To fry the calcium gunk:
~ your basic anti parasite anti fungal herbs: garlic, wormwood, black walnut, blue mangosteen, cats claw....
To restore and clean up debris and inflammation:
~ enzymes (digestive) and adaptogenic herbs (ginseng etc0
A basic alkaline diet is required (veg based).
High vitamin C, the body prefers whole food vitamin C such as camu camu berry or acerola cherry.
High Vitamin D
High omega 3 - yes David Wolfe the raw foodist recommends krill oil over any plant based omega 3's available.
Good calcium sources are those converted from silicon and magnesium:
~ Silicon: hemp leaf, oat straw, nettle, horsetail, bamboo leaf and sap
~ Magnesium: cacao
------------------------------------------
Interesting stuff. I use most of these things and adapt, say lacto fermented veggies as being a good way to increase enzymes and are super easy to maintain a cheap supply of. I don't have the anti fungal stuff under my belt yet, I doubt a half to a full bulb of garlic a week counts towards that.
I have been using Omega Zen as a source of omega 3's since dong this vegan kick. But I am going to switch back to Krill. No matter what I read it's far more superior in terms of healing and bioavailability. I have noticed no difference in my own levels of inflammation since being vegan, I think even that the increase in seeds I have been consuming to keep hunger at bay is decidedly pro inflammatory with the bulk of omega 6's tipping the balance. So I look forward to including fish and fish oils and perhaps eggs again (heck I can see the source of those right back to origin). This omega 3 stuff does however lead me to speculate more on the exclusion of all animal based products and long term health.
I think at a basic level one could be veg based and use say high levels of Krill oil. At a maintenance level. For someone needing more anti inflammatory agents at work I think actual fish is a good addition too. Plus the more I get deeper into my own research and others I see that saturated fats are a *good* thing. This guy has some great top notch info on cooling inflammation and personally has given me info to help tweak my diet.
So I'm not going as far as animal flesh but fish I think so.
If one *needs* omega 3's for basic and higher immune regulation then to deprive it so for ideals and morals seems rather churlish. And to depend on capsule form (ie, Omega zen) as the sole source seems neither 'natural' nor sustainable. Krill Oil seems to meet these standards (of both sustainability and maximum superior health benefits), Mercola has some fab info and sells the best stuff IMO.
Also a high note, raw milk, delivered anywhere in the country! My boys had raw cow milk from a bio dynamic farm then we moved to Wales and scored raw goat milk, moving here I have not found a single supplier of either and so the boys and now Esmé have pasteurised goat milk. I am not so keen on it, but they all loathe seed and nut or oat milks and I don't touch soy with a barge pole. I am hesitant to introduce cow dairy but we shall experiment over the next couple of weeks. The good thing about diet is that you *can* keep on changing and adapting. The foolishness of theory and the human necessity to identify with one means we can end up believing one way of eating is correct forever, for all.. It's just not true. In times of illness a veg juice based diet may be great, or a sole diet of bone broth, but in times of growth or healing, esp for children the inclusion of high quality animal products supplying plenty of fat soluble vitamins A and D is is a necessity. Even UK raw foodist Shazzie feeds her dd eggs and raw goat cheese, for good teeth and bones these vitamins are essential. Also, of course my little pet need: anti inflammatory.
I am seeing a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner who is giving me acupuncture to draw out heat and also does regular pulse diagnosis to pinpoint areas of weakness in the body that need strengthening. I am taking a course of bentonite clay to bind toxins in my intestines as supposedly I am inflamed there too and reabsorbing the toxins my body is dumping there. It's an odd thing to drink this clay water, but I am game. I am starting a course of cooling herbs too so am excited to get going with them (hurry up Mr Postman). I'll report back on how I find them.
Anyway.... I shall put my foodie soap box away, tucked here under my desk.
Side note: Anyone out there with an inflammatory condition - have you checked out LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) as a therapy option? Non toxic and very beneficial. I am looking into it for myself but coming upfront with much NHS resistance (it's a generic drug and so pharm. companies don't have a patent on it, thus individual practices must fund it alone, tho at £15 a month it's hardly costly, and one could sub it them selves). Pippa, if you read this have you heard of it for MS? It seems to have great coverage for that. How it works: It is an opiate antagonist and blocks the production of endorphins for a couple of hours in the middle of the night (you take it before bed), the body's rebound response is to prodcue more endorphins than normal. Immune function supposedly can be regulate by an increase in endorphins, particularly T-reg cells. Also this is a good option of treatment for anything requiring pain relief or speedy healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment