Thursday, April 01, 2010

the best way to eat broccoli

No this is not a hilarious post about doing so in the bath or whilst balancing on your head. It's just a recipe. But a Good One. So get your pen out. You'll love it. Seriously. I just ate this three days in a row. I get greedy when anyone asks to share it with me, and if I leave the bowl out I pick at it mouthful by mouthful as I walk by until I get to convincing myself that someone else came along and stole it right from under my nose. It's ridiculously easy to make and super quick.



Best Broccoli

Steam or add a head of broccoli to boiling water until bright green and tender. Don't overcook, yuck. In a little bowl whisk together a good glug of olive of hemp oil and the same amount of white wine vinegar. Add a tsp of Dijon mustard and two crushed cloves of garlic. A crush of black pepper and a pinch of crystal salt does wonders too. Whisk briskly until combined. Drain broccoli and add to a large bowl with three or four chopped spring/salad/green onions. Pour over the dressing and mix everything up really well to coat. Dig in.



This is what happens when I leave the bowl out whilst running to get my camera. If a two year old tells you 'yum' then you know it's good.

3 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Mmmmm I'm making this for Easter Sunday. *grins* Thanks for sharing, Mama, it sounds GOOD!

Unknown said...

Sounds lovely, will put broccoli on the list for market day x

Emanation said...

Thanks for posting this recipe, I kept meaning to ask you for it after tasting it at yours then trying to recreate it (not quite the same)it is soooo yummy!