Thursday, April 01, 2010

little swing cardigan



This is a version of the Elizabeth Zimmer February Baby sweater, for me any case, only this comes with proper instructions (unlike EZ ad hoc ones) and proper size adjustments so a maths deficient brain doesn't have to erm, do any head scratching and head banging (even with a calculator). It's this free pattern from Little Turtle Knits. Easy to knit up and I love the shape, the way it hugs the shoulders and expands downwards. I like the simplicity of garter stitch. Some people don't like it I notice once they master fancier ways of knitting. But I love it's chunky homely texture. The yarn is one I found at the Wonder Wool fair last year, I think it's Llama... or certainly a fancy sheep breed.... It is very soft and has a teeny bit of a spring to it. Lamb like. Just right for Spring :)









7 comments:

melody said...

Beautiful yarn. And it looks so lovely on her, dear sweet girl.

Pippa said...

That's really pretty, your little girl looks very cosy and hugable!!

Unknown said...

Wow, it is lovely! Eliza looks fab in hers, although she always seems to manage to spit milk onto it!

Alice x

The Yarn Owl said...

Ooops, was still logged on as DH!

Alice xx

softearthart said...

What a beautiful color, cheers from New Zealand Marie

Slugs On The Refrigerator said...

love it. the colour is just fab on her.

lilac73 said...

Gorgeous cardi and looks great on her