Saturday, April 03, 2010

puppets

We went to a cool puppet making workshop and made these puppets.




The first part of the day was all about the making, lunch (and puppet drying time) and then the kids all put on a little show, with a bit of help from the workshop leader. It was held here at this living willow theatre and run by an ex director of The National Theatre Company (and actress/actors too). Now I have found it I look forward to the summer and taking my lot along to an outdoor production. It's one of those things I mean to do every summer and then don't for one reason or another (usually feeling one child or another couldn't cope with such a thing). This year, fingers crossed for biddable children and sunny weather.





What else we have been making: more beeswax egg candles, turned into Easter chicks.



Felix painted his miniture birthday gift canvas; it's a football player in a stadium (of course, everything is about football here).

1 comment:

Pippa said...

Those little egg candles are brilliant, I have a block of beeswax and all the little wicks just waiting for time, energy and space to make some candles. I empathise totally about the intentions to do things that never materialise. I've had a whole sheep's fleece sitting in the garage for three years now that I begged off a farming friend. We are going to wash it and try spinning it etc as part of a "where our clothes come from" kind of project, but I've not got round to it yet. Hopefully, if the fleece hasn't been turned into mouse-houses, we'll find time to do it this year!