
Nanny visits and shows everyone how to make paper boats, much racing forthwith and many many tens of boats are made and sailed.




The newest chooks are sometimes out to roam and sometimes in their big pen, it all depends on whether I am feeling fox-anxious and whether or not I am in or outside..... today they were out and glorying in fresher grass, worms and unfortunately for me, the ill timed sowing of grass seed to cover up areas of high use by the boys. I never for one moment envisioned one sowing to be enough anyway though so I don't mind.



The boss man cockerel is quite a wimp really and scares easily by a blowing sheet on the line. His crowing makes everyone laugh (affectionately, not maliciously) as it's decidedly both boyish and feminine rather than manly. Here's hoping it's due to his immaturity rather than odd voice box as years of giggling at him may make him lurch at us with his deathly spurs.

Fairy Girl and her Nanny spread more treasure hunt clues.

Are we the only ones with a constant pile of wellies by the front door? Certainly they put a halt to any aspirations of gracious living as we stumble-trip through the threshold and gusts of April wind send dried mud into powdered dust to decorate the hall. Hey ho, though, a small price to pay for the pleasures of mud and stream.

Nettles for my juice and pea shoots and chives for Isaac, he asked for a salad at lunch and I refused to make him one (I know I know... I was tired, what can I say?) so I made up for it at dinner time.
5 comments:
I've been following your blog for some time and I have to say, your children are so so gorgeous. Your photographs are beautiful - they make me want to uproot and come and live where you do.
Regards
Sharon
claire, your clan is growing so quickly! it's been awhile since i had time to pop in.
can you send Nanny across the ocean to make us some boats too?
and no, you are not the only one with piles next to the door! it's been quite mucky here too!
What a fantastic day! No you are not the only welly clad family. I remember when my oldest was young we had to put vasaline on his legs as he wore wellies so much he got welly rash lol.
happy days ... perfect x
oh! i miss nettles so much, they were such a part of my spring and summer medicine and eating when i lived in europe...yet to find my rongoa (nz maori medicine equivalent)...at least i have chickweed. A very good consolation. Loving your blog offerings claire
Post a Comment