Sunday, January 25, 2009

Circle Time



I made these..... things. I saw them here and thought, how good; a quick and easy sewing project. And it was! They were super fast and easy and very satisfying because completion was immediate. Cut out circles of felt and cut out circles of fabric scraps, sew together any way you like (I liked spirals and lots of circles).



My dh though wondered what exactly they were....? Well..... Mmmmmm they can be used in the play kitchen, you know as pancakes to flip or fried eggs or as dolly place settings and such..... and also as stepping stones for Luke Skywalker and his super hero cronies, or stepping stones for boys on their tip toes, or playmobil men flying saucers.... who knows! They could become anything! I was enthusiastic and decided to run off to make five more. He nodded, well they are very..... nice. Thanks. I really think we need so many more, don't you? Coasters! Also they could be coasters! (Despite never having ever owned or used a coaster, yk, they still could be by the more discerning and particular house guests).

I put them in a basket for The Beauty to notice. But would she?



She did finally (after a few detours).







Isaac thought it would be good to play pancake flipping with them (see! I was right!) and then he did some sort of messy throw them all in the air for ages game, but that was good, they were being used. Then they became something to do with superhero figures (see! right again! How good to be able to second guess ones children!). Then they were forgotten. But I like them! I really do and I am still smiling about making something so easy and cute and very very.... useful :)



Make some! They'll make your day (or hour, depending on how weird you are).

Oh! Finally - this was the ball Isaac knitted Esmé for Christmas. I spotted it whilst photographing the circles. It was a very good job he stared out knitting way back in October because he was still finishing it off on Christmas Eve. I think it was from a scrap of left over Noro Silk Garden. It was basically a rectangle, scarf-like, then I helped him sew the short ends together so it looked like a bracelet. Finally a running stitch along each long end and pulled tight. It is stuffed with a bit of carded sheep's fleece. I think it pleases me to see it every time I do, no one would know it but SUCH a LOT of effort and thought and love for his sister went into it. Isn't that the BEST present?!!! :)

5 comments:

Claire said...

Lying in bed last night I thought ah ha! Emergency breastpads! ~Pity there were non to hand but I laughed to myself anyway.

Claire said...

This is odd. I just replied to my own post. It's like some sort of in my head conversation. Only 'out loud'. Isn't that what crazy people do?

Momma said...

yes it is what crazy folks do, but to be a great mom such as yourself, it takes a little crazy to get through it!

I like your project and will probably do such a thing today! Thanks for inspiring!

emma said...

Oh yes!!!! Why even "emergency" breastpads? Why not "breastpads for the women I particularly love"?? All that boring white-ness in the ones you can buy commercially. Get that Etsy shop set up, lady.

M said...

I also thought 'cute breast pads'. . . . planning a few of those for my own sewing machine