Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday



We have been terribly busy this week. But terrible only in the sense that I have not had much time to do the home-y things I love most. Namely sewing, knitting, cooking, baking and just being in and around my house and garden. We did have some funny times with friends and some busy classes but I am very much enjoying my day at home today. Quietly, The Beauty and I - with The Boys off adventuring.

So last night while everyone in the house slept I tiptoed out out bed and sewed cushion covers for the kitchen chairs. Sometimes restlessness can be put to rest at the sewing machine, especially with secret night time sewing! But yeah, not a thrilling project, I really wanted to make more clothes for my girl but have long been meaning to do a more boring sewing project involving some reject cushion pads for the chairs. I remembered a pop flower Ikea fabric that I once upon a time turned into curtains to hide the inners of an ugly cupboard (without doors) and they have been folded and patiently waiting for a new home since we turned that wood-worm infested cupboard into scrap. More flowers! They clash (or compliment? - not sure) the other materials in here er, vividly. The striped rocking chair (below) is also here in the kitchen so I have the menagerie of patterned fabrics thing down to a fine mish-mash art. Ho, ho.



I made chicken and vegetable soup. Mini banana muffins also in this photo, but someone added a tablespoon of bicarb. soda instead of a teaspoon so they tasted pretty weird. Weird enough so that there is that mega pile there instead of a mega pile of wrappers had they been decent. They are near the back door so that the chickens can have some. But get this - they wouldn't eat them. The birds that are perpetually looking for food and eat anything, wouldn't eat them. So there you go, not even recognisable as food. Still I have consolation brownies left over with a random weetabix (for added crunch) thrown in - thanks Isaac!

The Beauty wearing a creamy wool jumper that once belonged to another Beauty - thank you M, it fits!





2 comments:

M said...

fast post! Glad to see it again :)

Anonymous said...

my sewing has been badly neglected while i'm on a cooking spree.

why can't i seem to do both a once!

looks like you've been up to a lot of good!