
Today we had the luxury of dh at home, well two days at home because I have had mastitis (fever in the night had me crying out that the walls were falling down and nothing would help other than dh going outside with torch to check the foundations. He didn't by the way, he's not mad. He told me I was ill and to go back to sleep. Sleep? Ha! When the walls were about to crumble around my very ears! He certainly MUST be mad). But today we walked and I felt better. The light was all golden and healing or something, but it felt like I had a dose of some medicine just being outside.













Felix's hat? Well I sat with it on my knee a while trying to 'fix' it. It just was not working out for him, popping up above his ears pillar box style. His curses and mine sounded utterly Russian. I ended up adding ear flaps and i-cords. Now it is just right and he said it was a fantastic hat that turned him into a pilot. I forgot to mention that the yarn is by O-Wool and was part of an exchange I did with my good friend Melody. It is seriously luxurious to touch, organic merino with a matt texture. Plus I have found a place in the UK that stocks it for future purchases, because goodness, my yarn stash is dwindling; I can finally close the lid on my super big box when I sit on it (previously I could not, so now I know I need to buy more wool).
The perfect after-walk snack. Pecan nuts tossed in a pan with a dollop of butter, a squirt of agave a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of ceyanne pepper. Only a sprinkle though, don't make my mistake and add several sprinkles or you might be the only one eating them. Which is no big problem to be honest.
My favourite bit - after the walk when my baby, pink cheeked from the cold, but warm bodied from being carried by me, smooches down for some milk. I get to sit in bliss and stare at her lovely little self.
5 comments:
What a fabulous day, sounds heavenly.
Beautiful pics - love the modifications you made to the hat. Hope you're feeling better.
x
Hi Claire, Happy new year!!! Poor you, hope that your mastitis has gone, I had it when Lola was about 2 months and it was the worst I have ever felt!!!!! I didn't know that you could get it this late on, hope you are feeling better.....
Thanks for comment about my doll, I love her and she was such fun to make! I did use the book that you recommeded to me, the arms probably look thinner as it was the fist time using my sewing machine so I found it hard to keep to the pattern. The machine was definitely in charge!!! I am so pleased that I actually gave it a go, thanks for the inspiration. I actually wanted to make one for Lola for Christmas but didn't think that I would have time so I bought her a little one. I then decided that I wanted one for Talia but the large one's were REALLY expensive. I decided at the last minute to make one and I am so glad that I did. It's quite addictive thought isn't it. Will definitely make Lola a larger one, maybe for her 2nd b'day! Thanks for the link to hair tutorial, may give that a go next time.
I have really enjoyed catching up on your blog, looks like you had a lovely Christmas. I am definitely making that Nutalicious, yum... I really love your felt hair bands and brooches, really cool, I am completely in love with felt at the mo. So are you planning on selling them? I keep thinking that maybe I should concentrate on ONE thing and then try to make and sell, we could sure do with the extra money, especially after Christmas........
Take good care of yourself..... Oh yeah I forgot to say I love that photo of you feeding Esme, it's really beautiful. Julie XXX
thanks Julie! Yes I think i will sell the hairbands and brooches. They are simple enough so that i would not have to chanrge a firtune - because thats the rub with hand made things, you invest so much time that when you try to put a money value on you end up thinking - how can I charge that much? Who would buy it? Or you are left with pricing at the cost of materials only.... It's tricky. I am not even sure I would make a profit to be honest, the felt is 100% wool felt and I LOVE using that and don't want to switch to synthetic but am having trouble tracking down a supplier and so am still buying by the sheet right now.
Felix loved Talias doll so much (he really did!) that he asked me to make him one. I have not but I did pull out the one I made for Isaac when he was five and it was naked with only a tiny tuft of hair left a smear of something on it's face and loose limbs so I spent all last night smartening it up and adding new hair. He had real strict instructions for me though about what he wanted. I'll put a pic of the revamped doll up later today if I get a chance. It's cute though, he has had it outside already on an adventure with him.
Oh! Would like a copy of the magazine Living Crafts? Someone kind sent me a back issue and I have finished reading it and I think you would really like it. I'd be happy to post it to you if you want :)
Claire
so pleased to hear your feeling better my lovely.
wonderful pictures.
x
Post a Comment