Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Dress for Esmé



Last night I made this. It's a birthday dress for the nearly one year old. Nearly one! I should be used to this babe-growing-up fast game but apparently I am not because I gasp continuously at how scarily quick Time is speeding up and whizzing by carrying my babies into little (and big!) children. But then I am glad Time is doing this and that I am along for the ride with them. It has been a Very Good Year. Very Good.



She happily tried it on early just for the camera.



The fabric Japanese and from Fabric Rehab. It is fully lined with a cute flower bud print that I found in Oxfam. Wow, about 3m of the stuff, I was lucky there that day.

I whizzed this dress up in about an hour. Now I am revving up to make more clothes, it was fabulous fun, I have nooooo idea why I have never tried clothes making before but am very glad I gave it a whirl. It is seriously addictive. If only I looked as good in a doll print dress is what I say, if only. Dungarees next!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! What a sweetie. I also succumbed to the Fabric Rehab sale after following the link from your blog (thanks - I think)! Almost bought the same fabric but I had to empty my cart a bit as it got a bit too heavy Lol. I have a few summer dresses planned for Rose this year, after I've done her some trousers that she desperately needs now!
I love your revamped doll. Rose has a baldy doll at the moment awaiting some new hair. I might actually get it done now I know there is an easier way to do hair :)
Hope everyone's well.
Much love,
Natalie
x

The Coffee Lady said...

just wait till she is 4 and refusing to wear all your hard work

grrr

Vanessa said...

Oh Claire she looks so cute. Hope you don't mind but I just ordered the same fabric to make my little girl a dress. I never made a dress myself before!
Gosh it must be Esme's birthday soon - time passes quick; sometimes too quick. My Emma just turned two in December.

Did you ever received the check for the book?

Vanessa

Miss Bliss said...

Gorgeous dress - you're so clever! Am just getting to grips with crocheting a blanket for new baby; might stretch to knitting if I'm REALLY adventurous. Too scared to make a dress though ;) xxx