Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Winter Hat Number....?



I have lost count ..... but anyway, this was supposed to be a hat for me. But since I have never knitted a gauge square I was not likely to start with this hat and so it has a new much smaller owner. Also, puzzlingly it is nothing like the pattern I used. Other than ending up being a hat.

I used Soulemama's free hat pattern. Ahem. You can see that, obviously. You can also see that I appear to have invented a whole new technique that incidentally I have now forgotten and so will never be able to replicate. Ha! It made me laugh and curse in equal measure, actually make the cursing side of the weigh in a smidgen heavier.

It is certainly not the first time a knitted item ended up with a different person than intended; gauge squares and I are not on friendly terms. In fact you could go as far as saying that we have never yet been acquainted. I quite loathe the idea of time spent on the things and my eyes glaze over when I see them mentioned in patterns (er, every pattern that would be) yet my kind dh points out to me again, that it would have saved me time. Again. Especially since now I am starting another hat for myself - and no, the sad fact is I did not knit a gauge square, again.



Felix wears it in the style of a jaunty Russian looking peasant.
A beautiful one I hasten to add.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I could totally tell that was the Soulemama hat! But then i am rather obsessed so perhaps its not a good thing! lol.
It looks very nice - gorgous green yarn. Its on my 'to make' list but keeps getting bumped down.
Great hairbands and corsages too!

elizabeth said...

lol- i don't do guage squares either. i just go running pell mell into the pattern. i can't wait. it looks great btw.