
I hit upon the idea of making felt corsages and embellished hair bands for gifting. Last minute. Very last minute - but in fact that was good because they were so quick and easy and exciting and I liked the stumble aspect of them so much that I have been quick to stumble on further and order more felt, more buttons, more proper brooch backs (instead of the safety pins of the first few) and other bits and bobs. I also idled away online time (oh, and money) at Fabric Rehab and their delightful collection of fabrics. But well spent, they are utterly delicious and necessary for many things. Of which I have not decided upon, but am sure they will not be added to the stash and forgotten, noooo-oo they are too scrumptious.

~Hair bands~

~Brooches~

Isaac modelling for me

I like em' and I'd buy em' (well, noooo I'd make em, but lots of folk can't so if I could not I'd buy them...) and would you know - I was browsing online last night and saw on the Cath Kidston website that they were planning on introducing some felt flower corsages?!! Freaky. They snuck into my headspace and plucked this nubbin of an idea out of me in dream time I tell ya) The exact same thing happened already: I had this idea when I was a kid about scented loo roll and what do you know? They sell the pointless stuff now! Not then, but now yes!
7 comments:
You've got a tree of happiness waiting for you at
http://diaryofacluelessmama.blogspot.com/2009/01/tree-of-happiness.html
Michelle
these are lovely! I particularly love the brooch - naughty Cath Kidston stealing you idea though!! :)
Claire , noticed that the little wooden buttons on a hairband and brooch on your pictures exactly resmbled the buttons on the pouch i made you....how strange!!! Your sister x x x
Helen - yes they are very SIMILAR but not exactly the same..... I will send you a brooch so you can compare! :)
Plus I will photograph the beautiful pouch IN USE so as you can see if they are indeed the one and same..... very mysterious.
xoxoxoxox Will call you tomorrow sis xoxoxooxox
You've got a tree of happiness waiting for you at http://shellscrafting.blogspot.com/
What lovely 'creations', clever you. I would definately buy them. :)
sue xxx
The hair bobbles are beautiful. I too would buy them, although I'm not too sure the boys would appreciate them!
Maybe if bump is a girlie........
xx
Post a Comment