
It's an absorbed, calm. Not a manic-must-get-things-done busyness. I can learn a lot from her. And I do.

And watching her absorbed, busy self makes me slow down.
I have spent weeks now just being slow. Not making plans, not going anywhere, not even really taking photos; because as much as I like doing so, it takes me just a tiny bit out of my own skin and turns me into a 'viewer' of my life....

Being slow isn't about not doing, or doing something in an irritating blow by blow way, it's more about recognising, for me, that I do need slowness of time. Time not to talk, but just to be in my garden, doing. Quietly. Just as The Beauty does. She is slow. In it's most poetical and beautiful form, she captures it's essence.
2 comments:
nice reminder.
i find i do this awhile, then forget and get all rushed, then find it again, then it's gone.
sometimes i watch the girls play and i just think, how much i want that carefreeness back, but somehow it's not quite the same as it is for them is it, so innocent.
I have always found something calming (thereputic even?) about watching the LOs potter about. I remember watching Rose for what seemed like hours once as she slowly scooped the sand from one end of the sandpit and lovingly carried it all the way round to the other end to pour it off the spade and into a new heap.
Slow isn't so bad. I've had to slow down a lot myself lately too (hoping I'm not going to need a hip replacement before I'm 40!) but I am starting to wonder what all the bombing around ever achieved anyway Lol! Our home is warmly chaotic and untidy no matter what pace I've been going at!
(((hugs))) to all,
Natalie
X
Post a Comment