
I set about making these the other day, my dh walked by and asked what I was up to. Making soap I replied. Oh, with what? Erm, soap. That's right I made soap from soap. Pointless and crazy. That's how it feels now... plus did I just waste perfectly good olive oil soap (and time!) and in unfair exchange I have these mini cow-splats? I can't bear to answer that. Dare I give these as gifts? Oh wow. That would be nice :) I mean acting grateful for a home made gift is one thing but this may be asking too much.
I will try one. I am braving myself. I just won't look at it.
9 comments:
LOL!!!!!!!
They look lovely! ;-)
As for homemade gifts...at least everyone uses soap...I gave my MIL some lovely home made bath salts for christmas, and I forgot that she only has a shower!!!!
I thought they were cookies! I bet they smell good though... xx
Erm.. you should have seen the weird variations that came out the last time I made soap... my family bless em were very loyal and used them anyway, and I actually had some good feed back that despite appearances, they actually worked great and smelled lovely. If I can find the pics I'll pop them up and show you just how rubbish mine were. Some of them looked like green blackpudding :S
They look interesting, I bet they smell nice!!!
I've sent you an email Claire, good to hear you sounding much better!!
Well as long as they smell nice and work that's ok isn't it. Looks aren't everything!
I'd still use them as gifts. Be creative with your wrapping and put the emphasis on "rustic"! :)
And you have given my a good laugh too, Claire!
Thank you!!!!
I needed to laugh and you have done it for me.
Thank you, thank you.
Sorry, can't say anything else, too busy grinning sillily!
Is that a word?
XX
ah, you remind me why i have not taken up soapmaking yet, though it is on the life list.
for now i continue to shop handmade soapmakers who have quite a bit more experience.
but you know what, good job. it's what's in them that counts and really they look all rustic and country and really pretty good.
I will confess to making the exact same thing recently...haven't had the courage to even unmould them yet though lol...! On the upside, once you've used them a couple of times they won't be recognisable anyway (hopefully lol) :)
xxx
Post a Comment