Monday, June 22, 2009

Mermaid Monday - Book Sharing





Mariana and the Merchild. I borrowed this from the library several years ago but my boys were not that taken with it (too girly maybe?). I loved the illustrations though, especially the one with the breastfeeding mermaid. A breastfeeding mermaid! I mean, come on! How cool is that? It pleased me a lot.



I vowed to look out for it so that if one day I had a daughter (or son) interested in mermaids, and er, breastfeeding (both my boys were in love with breastfeeding until they weaned themselves - now it's part of the fabric of their background, my breasts are as visual for them daily as my face I think) I would be then able to share this little gem of a book with them. Ta da! Now I have it, hardback, brand new for £1, bought on Saturday. Exactly the sort of purchase I love.



I shared it already with my little one, she seemed to like it - she sat through it in any case - although as with most books for her I just make up my own words to keep her interested - mainly ones she knows or are obvious. She loves being read to - I get so happy to see that. And now I have someone to share girly books with it just gets even better :)

7 comments:

Wyld Jane.. said...

What a lovely book and blog, your little girl is gorgeous , glad i found you x

willow81 said...

I love those illustrations, the breastfeeding one is so tender.

Fiona said...

What a beautiful book, and with 2 little girls who are VERY into mermaids I must try and find a copy. Sadly I am unlikely to get it in the local charity shop, but at least there is always Amazon!

Carolyn said...

What a lovely book...no girls to share it with here, and no breast feeding infant either, but I have an idea my wee man would still love it, just the same.

Naomi said...

:) what a lovely book, especially love the breastfeeding mermaid, that IS cool! x

nocton4 said...

wonderful breastfeeding mermaid x

Monica said...

What a wonderful share! Thanks for that!