
Esmé helped me weed the herb bed. Well, you know, kinda helped. In that toddler way. I planted this myself when we moved here two years ago, it was just a patch of weeds. So from nothing to this! It makes me excited to see how quick you can make something grow. There's two types of lavender, mint (in a sunken pot), thyme, lemon balm, chamomile, chives, parsley and rosemary. My dh tells me that I walk around the garden pinching off leaves and sniffing them and Esmé does exactly the same, she really does, even down to sighing happily, nodding and smiling :)

Little Miss Water baby soon gets back from herbs to water - what she loves playing with best. And of course mixing the two. Pretty soon she'll have graduated up to what the big boys Isaac and Fe love doing; making potions.


Actually, I think she already has the hang of it :)

6 comments:
This makes me smile :) Rose and I do the exact same thing with the herbs! Rose can now name all of the herbs we have in our garden and recognise them when we see them elsewhere. She really impressed a little old lady at the garden centre last week when she named them all!
As always, your photographs of the children are beautiful.
Natalie
X
This is such a lovely post! Minnie takes big breaths around the flowers in our garden and a huge "Ah" as she exhales, it always makes me smile.
I love your little one's dress, did you make it?
Toddlers are just so scrumptious when they are being serious aren't they!
Oh how adorable, like mother like daughter!!! Nothing much happening in our garden at the moment, the rain is washing everything away....Love E's little dress, very cute!! Hope you are ok.... X
Gorgeous little dress on your girl - she is beautiful! x
I did not make the dress! But it is handmade! My SIL lives in Oxford where there is a shop which sources everything from a 50 mile radius - food, clothes, everything. She sent me this dress fromthere :) But I have used this trace as a pattern to trace others - it is a lovely shape.
i love that you documented this. i just started a new herb garden here where we moved end of last summer, and miss my full fledged one!
but now they are starting to take off. i'm off to weed now so thanks for inspiring me to get up and get out there.
Post a Comment