Tuesday, June 02, 2009

How things grow



I know she's growing: she can hold an ice lolly.



The tree has grown a treehouse and a boy beneath it's branches.

Is there anything more magic (aside from seeing children grow) than seeing your own garden, planted with your very hands, in bloom?





Every day I sit and look, pluck, firm, weed, transfer, marvel, exclaim, water, breath deeply and recive some of that live greenness - with my eyes and every other bit of me.





With a bucket, rope or watering can we use the stream to quench the thirst of our greens.





I am loving today:

~ the way she lies on the trampoline and tries to say 'night-night!'



~ old soft, organic fairtrade baby trousers, blowing in the breeze.



~ the way he sieves sand, finer and finer to make 'magic powders'



~ the sunflower competition



~ so far in the lead is:



~ this old, faded and shabby summer skirt that has a comforting, familiar second skin feeling



~ and the touch wood feelng that I am on the mend :)

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Such a lovely post full of positive thoughts. I love reading your blog, it always lifts me.
I hope that things are as you think, you deserve it to be so xx

willow81 said...

I'm loving that summer skirt. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts about food, I really appreciate it. So glad you are in the beginnings of feeling better again. xx

Pippa said...

What lovely photos and such an uplifting post. I'm glad you are on the mend Claire. You're right about the love of watching a garden grow that you have created, I get endless pleasure remembering all the plants in my garden as seedlings or saplings and marvel at how they've taken to their new space and grown.

lilac73 said...

Really hoping you are on the mend, hope you'll be well enough to fully enjoy the summer and the fruits of your labours in the garden

Anonymous said...

i have been absent for awhile and forgot how wonderful your tales were.

sue said...

what beautiful photos, I do love reading your wonderful stories of your lovely family. sending healthy vibes your way :)
sue xx

devonmama said...

Beautiful photos, I love the way you capture special moments xx

emma said...

my god, claire, she really IS a beauty.

So much love to you - I can just smell you nourishing yourself