Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It was just right

The third hat that is.



I ended up making three Prairie Sunbonnets. This child sized one I made was really a bit too big. So I made the baby one. That was too small. So I invented a size in between. And that was just right. So Goldilocks got her hat.



This one has a brim that does not get in the way. It also has the vital line of sewing along the brim that I forgot to add to the bigger one. Now it holds it's shape well, without ironing - who even knows where my iron is....? Not I, I live life on the high road and have no time for domestic things such as ironing - but for bonnet making? Well, yeah, I have time for that.

I just need two more little girls to wear the others :)

3 comments:

Pippa said...

I'm glad someone else shares my views of housework importance!! In fact the only time I use the iron is when I am sewing!!

Minnie refuses to wear hats, it's very frustrating. Your little girl looks adorable in those bonnets!

kelly said...

hi just found your blog and would like to add it to my blog list. Hope this is Ok.

Love the bonnet, but dont think I can coax my 8 year old into wearing it :(

slugs said...

so cute!